16 March 2015

A New Journey, part 3

Then, 2 weeks into the New Year, I fell. For the first time since I'd moved here, so that was a win!, but, still. Falling & I are the worst possible combination. I have spent the past 2 months struggling with pain of several varieties, in multiple locations, and both chronic & acute. I went 6 weeks maintaining my weight, even on pain killers & muscle relaxants. Then, I hit a low and the chocolate cravings won out. I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks and got VERY frustrated. AND I'm still in pain. Gah!

About a month ago - 1 month after the fall - I was referred to an orthopedic surgeon by Sonya. I visited him and he took xrays. Nothing is broken (naturally). He took me off of the pain meds and put me on an anti-inflammatory that, if not taken immediately after eating, and, if I don't stay upright for at least 30-60 minutes after taking the pill, I risk ulcers in the esophagus. No pressure. But it helped the pain and I wasn't high, so I was still quite happy. I can see the light at the end of this tunnel! Or, I'll have to have surgery. I'll find out on 20 March.


No comments:

Post a Comment