20 February 2008

Repeat for AG, sorry ~

Below is an excerpt from an email I sent Angela G recently. I thought it was a funny enough story to share and hope you find it entertaining - if it is offensive, I apologise. Not my intention. But I do like to use this blog to keep a record of my experiences in Eire, so here you go:

I have met (and was literally stalked by) 5 guys at a pub in town that has latin dancing on Thursdays... let me explain: 5 guys, 3 dances, 2 of the guys were 60 year-old irishmen and 3 of them were black. Not saying black is bad - but I did not feel that any of them were worth my time, regardless of race. The stalking experience occurred THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS THERE. I hadn't taken my coat off before a guy had my hand & was dragging me to the dance floor. The manager had to step in 2, maybe 3 times, ask some guys to go to the other end of the pub, come to me and ask if some of the guys were 'with' me, and make sure I was okay as I walked out... it got to the point that some of my classmates wondered if HE was stalking me. I didn't get it! All I did was agree to dance. In runners, so I wasn't anywhere close to good. And I only agreed to dance with 2 of the guys. (let's keep in mind: it was ballroom-style latin dancing, not like being in a dance club... just basic steps: 123pause123pause and a few very poor spins.) It was INTERESTING!

Then Muireann and I are outside waiting for the rest of our people and we get approached by 3 drunk young-ish men (welcome to Eire!). One is late 20s-early 30s and is totally enthralled with Muireann, one is 19 and the other is celebrating his EIGHTEENTH birthday! *sigh* What a gong show! I am enjoying the show of Muireann and the older guy when the 18yr old comes up to me and whispers in my ear: "I am only 18... don't take advantage of me, now..." HAHAHAHA! I replied, "honey, I couldn't if I wanted to." and he thought it was hysterical.

THEN 2 of the black guys come outside before my people arrive and start telling me their phone # and asking me to repeat it so that they know I am listening to them. I repeat it and forget before I get home. I had told them that if I did return to the pub, it would only be to dance and that I couldn't guarantee that I would even come back because I am not in Ireland for a social life - I am here for school. -- honestly, I really did say that!!! -- And now some of the girls want to go back and another girl who missed out that night wants to see the place... so it looks like I may be returning... lol.

Moral of the story: Stephanie cannot get a non-controversial, irish guy between the ages of 18 & 60 to SAVE HER LIFE! :) Seriously, is that too much to ask? I'd even sub "irish" for "guy who won't automatically get me disowned/arrested/kicked out of school".

Just so we are clear: I am open to meeting anyone who meets these qualifications :)

bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. HAhaha! Poor Steph. At least you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I messed up on my grammar the first time, and it totally sounded wrong. Let's try again:

    I totally understand the feeling! I have the exact same curse on me! Is it to much to ask to find a guy with all of his marbles, who is younger than my parents?

    We are jinxed.

    ReplyDelete