19 August 2007

Anybody want a postcard?

DAY 4:
I do apologize for such a horribly long 3 posts at once… and it’s only been a day and a half! Oops!

Today was pretty relaxing by the readers’ standards.

Ky and I didn’t have time to go to the National Gallery on the tour yesterday, so we decided to get up and catch the 1st bus out on our 24 hr ticket. The problem was that we’d be on the tour for over an hour before we got there. The bus runs for 23 stops and then starts over and buses run every 10 mins. So we figured, “our ticket doesn’t run out until 11am, so if we catch the bus at stop 13 (closest to our hostel) and ride until stop 5 (the gallery), we’ll be fine.” But no… not the case…

When you cycle back around to stop 1, you have to change buses! Oops! Ky and I both realized it in the same second at about stop 21. LOL! So we got off at stop 1 and walked to the gallery from there.

The National Gallery was phenomenal! We were there for over 4 hrs. ☺ Such nerds, we know. There were 3 floors containing tens of thousands of paintings and sculptures from around the world. We saw every single one. YAY!

By the time we were done at the gallery, we wandered around the city for another couple hours taking pics and looking in shops. I have some postcards bought – but if I don’t have your mailing address, I can’t send you one!!! Please, please, please send me your mailing address (preferably in an email and not on a comment to this post…) and I promise that I will get a postcard in the mail to you at some point in the next couple weeks! ☺

Okay! I think that is all for this evening… last night in this hostel! We get up at 7:30am and head to Kilkenny from here! For those of you with families from Cork, Hingstons are also from there (small world, eh?) and we already have a rental car reserved for special traveling around County Cork (after Kilkenny) – will take LOTS of pics, Kris, no worries!

Just a warning, this is the last post I make from the big city, so I can’t guarantee major interesting stories – but if there IS something story-worthy, you can bet I will be looking for it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your having a bit of fun already sweetie! I cant wait to come out and see you and those cute Irishman with there adorable accents next year. Enjoy every second and see God in all that you do! Lots of love.

    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete