01 September 2008

if you really want to know...

what Ireland is like... please don't think that I am just being lazy when I say "WET."

Below is a link to a breaking news report about summer weather (because fall in Ireland started today...sigh). There are phrases like:

"218% of the normal rainfall" and

"wettest August on record - in 171 years" and

"70-110 total hours of sunshine in august" [out of a possible 744hrs... okay - that's including nighttime, but you get it. To be fair, let's half that: out of a possible 372hrs of sunshine, we actually received 70-110 - what??? that's 230-300hrs of rain or clouds. *sigh*

... and my personal favourite: "all weather stations recording their sunniest day on June 5-7" -- TWO DAYS OF SUNSHINE?????

just so you know I'm not exaggerating: here's the link.

and yet I still like the place. hmm...

love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment