24 April 2008

update

Hello all,

Apparently, my life & plans change on a minute-by-minute basis lately, but I thought I would share my latest information:

1) I will be moving off-campus into a house with 2 or 3 other classmates at the end of May. The walk to school and back won't be as idyllic - I am now crossing the River Shannon into County Clare and enjoy purple mountains in the horizon every day on my walk home - but I will be in a MUCH more convenient place. I will have a microwave and a bathtub and I will only be a 15min walk from the grocery store instead of a 45min walk, woot! :) (fyi, I am being forced to move out of my place, so it's not necessarily because I am making a conscious choice, but I am grateful for the change, regardless!)

2) My sister is getting married! (that's not my news, but I am excited for her and thought I would share...)

3) I will be in a wedding in SK this July, and have plans to go early for NB camp.

4) I have been accepted into a PhD program at South Carolina - Columbia, yay!!! I am deferring until next school year (Aug 09) for many reasons, including the fact(s) that my MA isn't complete until the end of September and I am ineligible for a teaching assistantship this year. I have a high eligibility for next year, so I am willing to wait!

In the meantime, my latest plan is to stay in Eire until next summer (09) and work anywhere making an income on the Euro after my thesis is complete. I figure it can't hurt.

I miss you all and look forward to seeing "ye" :)
SS

4 comments:

  1. Steph, you post lovely pictures. Hope your new place is great and enjoy having your first bath in over a year(??). I'm sure everyone else will enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Al, for the compliment about my photos! and technically, I have had THREE baths in the past year - haha - the joy of staying in hotels :)

    PS
    my current apt does have a shower... I am clean... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Steph--Great update and big congrats on acceptance to SC!!! Hello to Diane and tell Eddy that I hope he has a nice day. ;) A smilely-face card in Shopko reminded me of them this afternoon. :) Is your email address the same?

    ReplyDelete